The big day of course had to start out with a brand new Birthday outfit. Kenideigh picked this one out herself. When we go shopping, I like to hold up two things that I like and then Kenideigh grabs the one that she likes. It is very cute. She won't let go of it the entire time we are in the store. 
This is the Birthday Dress that I think is absolutely adorable!!
Blake and I took turns helping Kenideigh open her birthday presents. I think she had more for her birthday then she did for Christmas. She wasn't too interested in the actual opening, but she did like to see what was inside...especially if it was clothes or books. She would grab each piece of clothing and hug it to herself. Very cute!

Ahhhh...The proud moment of the birthday cake. Yes, I decorated her cake myself. I think it turned out pretty good for a first time attempt. I forgot to have her practice blowing out a candle, so after we sang "Happy Birthday", she just sat there and eventually tried to grab the candle. Oh well...
Anyway, then after I blew the candle out for her, she just lightly touched her cake. There was no digging in for her.
Eventually we got her to taste a little bit.
Then, after everyone had left and we were working on cleaning up, she really got into it. I have to say, the results are pretty cute.
This is the Birthday Dress that I think is absolutely adorable!!
Ahhhh...The proud moment of the birthday cake. Yes, I decorated her cake myself. I think it turned out pretty good for a first time attempt. I forgot to have her practice blowing out a candle, so after we sang "Happy Birthday", she just sat there and eventually tried to grab the candle. Oh well...
All in all, the day turned out wonderful...but I definitely had mixed feelings about my baby girl turning one. But I love watching her grow and learn new things every day.
4 comments:
I love the cake Andrea! Your 1st attempt went VERY well. I'm proud of you. We're so excited to see Kenideigh this weekend! She looks so grown up!
The cake was awesome!!! And I do have to say . . . Kenideigh has great taste:)
Blake your daughter is just adorable!! i cant believe she is 1 already.
She is such a doll! I was excited to find out you had a blog Blake!
Post a Comment